Dakar and London, 21 August - The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships have officially opened applications for their programme aimed at nurturing and guiding the future leaders of Africa. This annual Fellowship programme, known for its career-boosting work, is calling on outstanding emerging leaders to join the 2024 cohort of #MIFFellows and take part in this transformational opportunity.
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship Programme is an initiative of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation, strategically designed to identify and cultivate the brightest minds across the African continent. It aims to drive positive change and innovation, by offering selected participants practical working experience within high-level African institutions.
The African Development Bank, the International Trade Centre, and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa will each host a Fellow, offering a unique vantage point to learn from and contribute to senior management working across Africa. The Fellowship offers the rare opportunity for mentorship from global leaders and experts in a diverse range of fields. Fellows will gain invaluable insights that will shape their leadership journeys.
The 12-month Fellowship not only offers unparalleled mentorship but also includes a stipend of $100,000, ensuring that selected individuals can focus on their growth and contribution without worrying about financial constraints. This Fellowship is open to African mid-career professionals who hold a master's degree and have 7-10 years of relevant work experience.
Key benefits of the Fellowship include
- Immersive and hands-on experience within influential African institutions
- Direct mentorship from world leaders and domain experts
- A platform to contribute to impactful projects and policies
- Networking opportunities with influential individuals and organizations
- A generous stipend of $100,000 to support living expenses during the Fellowship
- National of an African country
- Minimum 7 years' of relevant work experience
- Master’s degree
- Under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children
- Any additional criteria as set by the host
- Fellowship details (EN)
The deadline for applications is Friday, 20 October 2023.