The opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the author, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or views of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation Board, Prize Committee members, Ibrahim Prize Laureates and guests met the weekend of 6 and 7 October in London for the Foundation Board and Prize Committee meetings.
- President Nana Akufo-Addo, President of Ghana
- Abdoulaye Bathily, Special Representative for Central Africa and Head of the United Nations Regional Office for Central Africa (UNOCA)
- Aliko Dangote, President and Chief Executive of the Dangote Group
- Hailemariam Desalegn, Former Prime Minister of Ethiopia
- Abdalla Hamdok, Chief Economist and Deputy Executive Secretary for the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) and Chair of the IIAG Advisory Council
- President Paul Kagame, President of Rwanda and Chair of the African Union
- Moïse Katumbi, Former Governor of Katanga province in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Kumi Naidoo, Secretary General, Amnesty
- Rt Hon Patricia Scotland, Secretary-General, Commonwealth
- Vera Songwe, Executive Secretary for the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) and member of the IIAG Advisory Council.
A closed meeting was also held with President Paul Kagame, President of Rwanda and Chair of the African Union, to discuss various topics and current challenges on the African continent.