In the first quarter of every year the Board and independent Prize Committee gather for a board meeting to celebrate the success of the previous year and set goals for the next 12 months. As the Foundation approaches its 10th Anniversary, the Chair seized the opportunity to invite partners and stakeholders. The weekend was split into two days – the first as the retreat and the second, a board meeting.
- Kofi Annan, Founding Chair, Kofi Annan Foundation
- Jin-Yong Cai, Partner, TPG
- Arancha Gonzales, Executive Director, International Trade Centre
- Elsie Kanza, Head of Africa, World Economic Forum
- Rachel Kyte- Chief Executive Officer, Sustainable Energy for All (SE4ALL)
- Mark Malloch-Brown, Co-Chair, International Crisis Group
- Thabo Mbeki, Former President of South Africa
- Amina Mohammed, Minister of Environment, Nigeria
- Kumi Naidoo, former Executive Director, Greenpeace International
- Dhananjayan Sriskandarajah, Secretary General, Civicus
- Christopher Stone, President, Open Society Foundation
The Foundation also saw some changes to the Board. Lord Simon Cairns, who has been a Board member since the establishment of the Foundation, has stepped down and will be greatly missed.
At the same time, the Foundation also welcomed three new faces to the Board who provide a wealth of experience and passion for Africa.