The Ibrahim Forum is an annual high-level discussion forum convened around one specific issue of critical importance to Africa that demands committed leadership and sound governance. Each year it takes place in a different African country.
The Ibrahim Forum:
- provides a platform for prominent African political and business leaders, representatives from civil society and regional institutions as well as Africa’s international partners to meet to discuss the continent’s most topical issues.
- is streamed live on the internet to facilitate an interactive discussion with a global audience.
- aims at going beyond simply stating issues and renewing commitments to having an open and frank discussion around policy changes and priorities for action.
- is supported by a “Facts & Figures” document, compiled in advance by the Foundation and comprised of a detailed, data-driven analysis of each issue, which forms the basis of an informed and constructive debate.
An African Conversation on Governance
The focus this year will be on three main interlinking challenges:
- participation and democracy
- violent extremism and migration
- inclusive economic growth and jobs for youth.