Job opportunity: Communications Manager
4 October, 2017
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to oversee both internal and external communications on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage communications strategies around its key initiatives including the Ibrahim Index of African Governance, Ibrahim Prize, Ibrahim Governance Weekend and more.
- Deliver high impact, strategic communications campaigns across key markets in Africa and globally.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to incoming media enquiries and requests from partners other organisations.
- Serve as a liaison with the development community, with a specific focus on governance and leadership conversations in Africa.
- Deliver effective and appropriate media contact programmes for the Foundation’s key spokespeople and manage development of the Foundation’s brand and recognition.
- Work with colleagues on all aspects of communications as part of a joined up strategic communications strategy including tone of voice, marketing, content creation, website, social media and more.
- Proactively build relationships with key opinion leaders, media, professional associations, online influencers and other relevant third-parties.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest communications trends in the field of development and private foundations to provide best practice recommendations to colleagues and Foundation’s secretariat.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on communications efforts.
Full details and how to apply can be found in the job description: